The Induction Day is centred around the student and is pertinent in the transition cycle. The day will give students the opportunity to get to know other students and staff and find out more about the College so they are fully prepared to start in September.
Our Induction days for students are usually held in July. Students will be invited by letter.
After a welcome by the Principal, you will get the opportunity to:
- Meet your Progress Tutor and students in your tutor group
- Find out more about the role of the ProgressTutor and what makes the Perfect Student
- Tour the College
- Visit the Enrichment Fayre
- Talk to existing students about the main differences between GCSEs and A Levels, and look at the study skills required to be successful
- Find out about bus timetables and the cost
- Complete all college administration eg ID card
- Visit subject areas and find out what you could do to prepare over the summer holidays
- Find out about Enrolment Day
- Discuss with your Progress Tutor any concerns or worries you may have