Are you expecting outstanding GCSE Results?
If you answered “yes” to this question, the Excellence Academy is for you.
What is the Excellence Academy?
The Excellence Academy is a dedicated tutorial system for students with an average GCSE score of 6.6 or above (i.e. mostly 7, 8 and 9s at GCSE). This tutorial system is led by specialist tutors and is designed specifically to develop, engage and support this group of learners in their applications to the Russell Group of Universities (a group of 24 leading universities in the UK), as well as to Oxbridge.
How will the Excellence Academy help me?
Entry to the best universities can be highly competitive and students need the correct advice and support when it comes to preparing their applications to them. Obviously, exam results are vitally important, but they are only one of several factors the top universities will take into account when they consider student applications.
What will the Excellence Academy include?
- Support for UCAS application and personal statement writing
- Workshops on how to be a high achieving student
- Interview preparation and training
- Work experience
- Extended Project Qualification
- Talks from previous Gifted and Able students
- MOOC support, essay writing competitions and STEM challenges
- University visits
- Aptitude test preparation for medicine, dentistry and veterinary science
- Further support and mentoring for students applying to Oxbridge
- Support in applying for Summer Schools with elite universities and summer placements within university research departments
- Support with applying for summer internships